The Sorensen™ Intelligent-Bidirectional Energy AMplified (i-BEAM) Series is the newest addition to the AMETEK Programmable Power portfolio of high-power testing solutions. The new i-BEAM series features full DC source and sink capabilities with power levels from 60 kW up to 1.3 MW. The i-BEAM series is fully scalable up to 650 kW and beyond up to 1.3 MW with parallel systems. The available voltage ranges of 80V, 300V, 600V, 800V and 1,000VDC provide full power up to 1,000A within a single system. Single-channel, 2-channel and 4-channel configurations are available.
Control via Front Panel Touchscreen and Digital or Analog Control Interfaces
The i-BEAM Series can be operated from the intuitive, front panel touchscreen that enables the user to easily setup, control and monitor the Output Programming Parameters, Supervisory and Set Point limits, Measurements, and System Settings. Additionally, a variety of communication control interfaces are available including; VNC Ethernet, Modbus, CAN Bus, EtherCAT, Profibus DP, Profinet, LabVIEW, Matlab/Simulink or high-speed Analog control.
- Single system power up to 650 kW
- Parallel sytem power up to 1.3 MW
- Bidirectional output voltage up to 1,000 V
- Bidirectional output current up to ±1,000 A, up to ±2,000A in parallel
- Available in 1, 2 or 4 channel configurations
- Multiple channel units share internal DC Bus up to 2MW without drawing additional power from the AC Grid
- Regenerative to 96%
- Large 15-inch color touch panel
- Short circuit proof
- Designed for safety to EN ISO 13849-1
- Dedicated Battery Testing/Simulation Modes
- Seamless transition between source and sink High reliability, long life components
The i-BEAM Series is designed for testing today’s complex, high power electronics for the aerospace, industrial, automotive and energy storage markets in a variety of applications. This platform covers all test needs through the product life cycle from advance research and development (R&D), to design validation, and production test requirements.